Frequently Asked Questions
Know Before You Go
- Conditions vary and floaters should be aware of their abilities, experience, weather and water conditions.
- You should bring water, sunscreen, bug spray, appropriate foot wear and a hat to protect against the elements.
The Arkansas River is a public waterway. We ask that you do your part to maintain its scenic beauty by always packing out what you pack in - and then some.
"Give a hoot, don’t pollute!" - Woodsy
Arkanoe provides everything you need for a safe and enjoyable canoe or kayaking experience including paddles, life vests, boats and shuttle.
Arkanoe floats rain or shine. In the event of impending severe weather or flood stage water levels, your float will be rescheduled for the earliest possible date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I just walk up and rent an item?
Should I rent a tube or kayak?
- No Diving from river banks, canoes or bridges.
- Absolutely no glass bottles, styrofoam coolers, water balloon launchers or balloons.
- Watch out for children at all times, know where they are what they are doing.
- Non-swimmers and children 6 years old and younger must wear a life jacket at all times.
- Do not stand in canoes.
- Keep your center of gravity as low as possible and do not grab at low hanging branches or obstacles in the river to avoid capsizing your canoe.
- Use paddles for paddling your boat, never as clubs for splashing or noisemakers by slapping the water or your boat.
- If you accidentally overturn your vessel, always stay on the upstream side of your craft to avoid being pinned into a log jam or other river debris.
- Conditions along the river can be slippery. Watch your step while embarking or disembarking from your watercraft.
- Do not ram the watercrafts into each other.
- Do not take valuables on the river. Lock them in your car and secure your keys in a safe place.
- Do not take your car keys on the river.
- Wear tennis shoes or water shoes while on the river.
- No climbing or sliding from steep embankments.
- Property owners deserve respect. Absolutely NO trespassing!
- You are responsible for your own actions at all times.
- Please refrain from rowdiness, excessive drinking, profanity and disturbing others.
- Use rest rooms at appropriate places.
- Do not litter. Trash should be kept in a garbage bag and secured in your water craft. Please pick up litter left by careless floaters.
- Do not harass other people on the river. Keep your actions confined to your own group.
- Floating with multiple watercraft tied together is a hazard.
- Give folks fishing wide berth.
- Adults in charge are responsible for the entire group.
- When possible, please give a helping hand to other paddlers in distress.
- No cutting or chopping on any trees and do not damage any vegetation along the river.
- Kegs, party balls, glass bottles, etc. are not permitted on the river. Furthermore, it is unlawful to operate a watercraft in Kansas while intoxicated.
- Arkanoe, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to those individuals who are visibly intoxicated.
- Most problems that occur on the river are alcohol related. We feel strongly that if you are going to drink, please do so responsibly.
- Limit your alcohol intake to a safe and responsible level.
Arkanoe, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone we feel incapable of safely piloting a water craft.